Sr. Director – Technology
Sr. Director – Technology.
Sr. Director – Technology
Sr. Director - Technology, Engineering Management
Essential Job Functions:
- Leading and managing multiple agile development teams and engineering managers with responsibility for multiple software products.
- Lead and drive collaboration on cross-organization and cross-product initiatives.
- Partner with leaders and drive collaboration across organizational boundaries, communicating effectively with people up and down the organization in both business and technology.
Engineering Delivery & Project Management:
- Establish excellent credibility as an engineer, coach and leader in turn driving collaboration with the Architecture Practice and other organizations to foster technical innovation and the use of advanced techniques and technologies (e.g., machine learning, process automation, advanced engineering practices, etc.) to enhance business value and reduce operational burden.
- Understand viewpoints of and collaborate effectively with Product Management and Architecture Leads to ensure that products are defined, architected, implemented, delivered and supported in alignment with organizational strategy, goals and standards while addressing business vision, strategy and needs.
- Accountable for the credibility of estimates and for consistently and predictably delivering on resulting commitments with expected outcomes.
- Accountable for technical integrity, compliance, and alignment of software products with technology strategy.
- Ensure compliance of practices and products with all security, privacy, audit and other requirements.
- Accountable for clear and timely communication to and effective coordination with stakeholders and leadership to ensure risks, issues and changes are well managed.
- Drive and effectively manage multiple projects with accountability for outcomes, budget, schedule, resources, quality, risks and internal and external dependencies.
- Hire, Coach, Mentor, and Develop engineering managers
Team Development & Continuous Improvement:
- Accountable for building and developing high-performing, appropriately-staffed, self-organizing agile development teams that deliver business value rapidly with high-quality products.
- Accountable for assessment of software engineering practices and driving continuous improvement in engineering practices, operational efficiency, time to value and product quality.
- Accountable for the development, forecasting, and management of budgets.
- Accountable for managing vendor relationships and ensuring vendor commitments are met within agreed to budget and schedule and that delivered product or service meets business, operational, compliance and other needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline with at least ten (10) years of related experience, or equivalent training and / or work experience.
- Five (5) years or more managing multiple technology teams, programs and projects including staff management of at least fifteen (15) resources and budget of at least $3 million.
- Five (5) years or more of progressive responsibility as an engineer on development teams directly responsible for building and delivering software-intensive systems.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in applying business, technology and management principles involved in strategic planning, organizational change management, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and other resources.
- Deep experience and expertise in building, delivering and supporting software-intensive solutions with a focus on engineering, execution and operational excellence meeting stringent business, quality, security and compliance concerns.
- Extensive knowledge of industry-leading technology trends, best practices and methods including agile software development, iterative delivery and cloud computing.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and balance competing priorities.
- Past success driving and contributing to strategic decisions for an organization, identifying investment tradeoffs, and delivering high quality solutions to customer needs.
- Outstanding communication, organization, time management, interpersonal and management skills
- Outstanding problem identification, analysis and solving skills
- Proven change agent who can improve and grow the capability of an organization.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.Tyler Stubbs
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Other.
SAP Support Consultant - PPDS
This company is the world's leading human and animal nutrition company, delivering future-proof solutions today. They lead innovators leading the...
Recruitment Consultant - Zürich - CHF 80 per hour contract Darwin Recruitment has a new vacancy at one of our...
Field Service Technician
I am recruiting on behalf of a client which is currently seeking a Field Service Technician based near any international...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.