Software Engineering Manager.
Software Engineering Manager
CHF140000 - CHF155000 per annum|
Are you interested working for a market leading international business operating in the Education sector?
Do you want to assume managerial responsibility?
Do you want a challenging position working a 50/50 split between hands-on engineering & managerial duties?
I'm looking for a Software Engineering Manager who has:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline
- 5+ years working in software development of complex business critical industry solutions
- Strong background in Microsoft .NET (or Java but with at least 2 years of experience in .NET)
- Hands on experience in designing / developing web services and REST API development
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming design paradigms
- Nice to have: knowledge of cloud technologies and experience with cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure
- Nice to have: experience contributing to the professional community as a speaker, author or online contributor
- Availability for moderate travelling abroad
- At least 3 years of experience as a Team Leader or in similar manager role with a team of at least 4 people
- Facilitator, coach, mentor, ability to solve and mitigate the typical problems arising in team leadership
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- You are a team player - who is part of a successful cross-functional team having a composition of developers, QAs, BAs and admins
- You enjoy coaching and mentoring team members, spending a large amount of time working together to develop their skills and make them perform at the best
- Most importantly, you are sensitive to cultural differences in globally spread teams
- Lead, coach, and mentor your reporting team members
- Own the delivery of the systems that your teams are responsible for
- Ensure teams follow the direction provided by the Technical Roadmaps defined for each team as well as the Engineering Strategic Principles defined for the organization
- Coordinate with architects and key technical figures in other teams / systems to support
- Select and hire the right members of your team
- Perform management duties like one-on-one meetings, feedback sessions, performance reviews
- Participate hands-on in the development of the systems, working along with your team members, providing mentorship, and coaching to the SCRUM teams
- Make recommendations, provide guidelines, and enforce compliance to best practices in software development
For a company who offers:
- Hands on Engineering
- An exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing team
- Are an established organisation in Zurich using new technologies
- Offering fantastic career progression
- Modern and flexible work environment
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineering Manager in Zurich - I am urgently looking for candidates, get in touch as CV's will be immediately reviewed!
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.
If you wish to contact a specialist regarding this role, or your job search in general, please contact +41 (0)43 456 29 09
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN .Net.
Technical Lead Engineer
Apply Now Are you a Lead .NET Software Engineer who wants to join a leading business in the fintech industry?...
Camunda BPMN Berater
Apply Now Für unseren Bestandskunden in Frankfurt/ Remote suchen wir einen Senior Java Backend-Developer mit Schwerpunkt Camunda BPMN-Prozessmodellierung (m/w/d) Start:...
Lead Backend Game Developer
Apply Now We're looking for a Lead Backend/Game Developer to work for our client. You'll need to have experience in...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.