Director of Product Management.
Director of Product Management
Our client is seeking a Director of Product Management that will be responsible for managing, executing, and building a product management organization, evangelizing efficient and effective product management processes within the company as well as putting into place product management processes to effectively execute on our client's mission of providing businesses financial solutions to go Solar. In this position you will work closely with the executive team to develop product roadmaps, direction, and the vision for execution of the mission.
You will oversee and be answerable to the Chief Technology Officer and stakeholders for all activities of the product management department.
You will liaise with other product line directors. These are directors of the underwriting, business development, design, finance, and strategy departments. The goal is for you to place the executive management team in a position to translate the product needs into requirements and to drive consensus within the product departments, which ultimately promote the achievement of the product goals. This collaboration will lead to clear and efficient product road mapping, product planning, prioritization, and an overall agile product development process.
Product Direction and Proposals
You will perform analysis using information and formulations of product solutions and strategies that are presented. You will create and receive product proposals from other departments and make sure they align with the product direction, timeline and vision.
You will keep stakeholders up to date on the product process and progress.
As a leader of the product department org, you will build an understanding and cultivate in the department's members the product's vision, the business case, as well as compile the product planning material necessary for driving product initiatives further with clarity and consensus.
Product lifecycle & Process
Alongside other product directors, you will define and oversee the product's roadmap and manage it as required for the purpose of meeting deliverables for the business. You will incorporate the existing development backlog and make priorities as determined by the business, consumer, and market needs.
You will sit close to customers and stakeholders involved to engage extensively to gain first-hand insight on the consumers' and market's feedback on the business' product. The first-hand information coupled with consumer and market information coupled with that of other product managers will provide a clearer understanding of the current and future market direction, needs and potential receptivity.
You will work with the Strategy and Marketing department to develop marketing strategies, lead generation strategies and sales strategies. This may also entail working with the business development and marketing team to create financial products and onboarding processes for stakeholders.
Research and Analysis
You will perform and conduct relevant product research to establish competitive intelligence in and various market analysis.
You will represent the business and promote the product by advocating for its value and benefits at executive briefings, marketing events, online consumer platforms and so forth.
Who You Are
Our client is a fast-paced, startup environment which means that the Director of Product Management has an entrepreneurial edge. You can approach your work creatively, in that you introduce processes, perform product analysis and create execution workflows based on where the company is at today. You are the master of being able to pivot and adapt when it makes sense and check the blindspots of existing processes. You will bring to the table your extensive experience of product management to apply exactly what is required in order to effectively grow the product and consumer-base. Each phase of the product will be a result of iteration on the team and stakeholder requirements, and you are exceptionally good at taking all parties into account to achieve smooth execution.
You are someone who aligns your behaviors with the Engineering team's core values:
- Accountability - You are diligent in your work, taking accountability on execution and planning to grow in your position at the company with the team and the product. Accountability means ownership to you.
- Solution Oriented - You come to the table with solutions through research. When there are inefficiencies or issues identified in the product or team, you are solution-oriented in your approach.
- Growth Mindset - You have a belief that skills and abilities can be developed through collaboration and close feedback loops within the team and with stakeholders. You believe that improvement and learning are at the core of successful product execution.
- Being Stakeholder-focused - You value driving progress by keeping all stakeholders in our client's ecosystem (banks, borrowers, installers, and internal business partners) at the forefront of your work.
- Kindness - You value respectful communication and tone in conversations and communication in order to uphold a high-quality work and team environment with your colleagues. You take the phrase "kill them with kindness" seriously.
- 5+ years Product Management experience
- Experience with data products/pipelines, design systems or building business-customer experience products
- Ability to move fluidly between technical capabilities, partner needs/requirements, user experience as well as the ability to go deep into the details
- Strong communication skills - managing internal, external, and developer expectations and capabilities via writing, presentations, and other artifacts
- Ability to navigate business objectives and translate technical projects into business KPIs
- CS or other technical degree preferred but not required
Note: This is a remote work position, as our whole team is remote.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.Brian Quigg
SUBMIT YOUR CV
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.