Software Engineering Manager.
Software Engineering Manager
$100 - $100 per annum|
Job Title: Software Engineering Manager
Location: This is a hybrid role, with proximity to our offices in Wilmington, DE / Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC / Dallas, TX / or Evansville, IN, within a 50-mile commuting distance.
- Lead an agile development team within the Loan Originations Product Lane, ensuring the consistent delivery of high-quality software.
- Collaborate closely with business and technology partners to align software development efforts with strategic business goals.
- Actively engage in the day-to-day activities of your team.
- Promote and facilitate the adoption of best practices, including agile and lean principles, DevOps, continuous delivery, and test automation.
- Encourage empirical methods to drive the team's progress through experimentation, observation, and data-driven decision-making.
- Ensure the stability and reliability of our production software solutions.
- Maintain a healthy balance between functional and non-functional requirements for sustainable solutions.
- Mentor and guide team members in their career development, providing timely feedback and reducing single points of dependency.
- Communicate development team metrics effectively and promptly to business and technology leadership.
- Collaborate across teams and functions on larger initiatives and identified dependencies.
- Contribute to the enhancement of our software practices, fostering a culture of consistent delivery of high-quality software.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Over 6 years of experience in leading and managing distributed, high-performing, cross-functional engineering teams in an agile environment.
- Over 5 years of hands-on engineering experience with a B.S. degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or a related field.
- Over 3 years of hands-on experience and proficiency with modern web application development technologies, including Ruby on Rails, Typescript, Angular, Java, and Node.js.
- Over 3 years of hands-on experience and proficiency with SQL, no-SQL, and in-memory databases, with a preference for Postgres experience.
- Over 3 years of hands-on experience and proficiency with cloud platforms, preferably Amazon Web Services.
- Critical and strategic thinking abilities, along with effective collaboration skills at all organizational levels.
- Competency in building a culture of success, accountability, and teamwork.
- Experience in delivering software solutions using Agile, lean, and iterative methodologies.
- Proficiency in guiding the development of observable systems with robust metrics and alerts.
- Adaptability to thrive in a dynamic environment and drive success in uncharted territory.
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.Brian Quigg
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Software Architecture.
Principal Engineer API & Data Management
To Apply for this Job Click Here Are you ready to be part of an exciting team that's shaping the...
Netcracker Principal Engineer
To Apply for this Job Click Here Would you like to drive innovations within the telecom industry? Are you a...
Workday Integration Lead
To Apply for this Job Click Here NB: For this role we are only considering candidates already located in the...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.