Ops and Maintenance Specialist.
Ops and Maintenance Specialist
$70000 - $80000 per annum|
Are you a skilled operations and maintenance professional seeking an opportunity to make a significant impact in the compressed gas industry?
I'm currently recruiting for an Operations and Maintenance Specialist and play a pivotal role in ensuring the seamless operations, reliability, and safety of our compressed gas systems. As a key member of our team, you will apply your technical expertise, analytical prowess, and meticulous attention to detail to uphold the highest standards of performance and compliance.
Salary: $£70,000 - $80,000
Location: Kentucky or Michigan or Tennessee areas
- Perform both on-site inspections and monitoring, as well as remote monitoring, of the operation of the compressed air system.
- Enactment of programs for preventive, predictive, and proactive maintenance.
- Adherence to the businesses environmental, safety, and quality assurance programs.
- Coordinating plant production and maintenance activities through communication with the Customer.
- Arranging maintenance for instrumentation, electrical systems, compressors, dryer systems, pumps, valves, motors, and other plant equipment in accordance with the businesses guidelines.
- Regularly conduct system walkdowns to identify potential issues such as minor leaks, erratic control, proper valve operation, proper condensate trap operation, unusual noises, and more.
- Plan and schedule preventive maintenance tasks along with any associated support labor, and verify their successful completion.
- Ensure that the Facility maintains a clean and professional appearance.
- React promptly to "Call Outs" as needed to uphold the Customer's continuous supply of compressed air.
- Cultivate positive working relationships with system vendors/manufacturers and contractors.
- Adhere to the appropriate Management of Change (MOC) protocol for adjustments to set points, alarm and trip points, and other operating parameters.
- Record any identified preventative maintenance tasks, potential safety hazards, or low inventories (such as water chemicals, glycol, oil, filters, etc.) in the weekly activity report.
- When necessary, undertake travel to the businesses sites to provide assistance for construction, commissioning, and maintenance activities.
- A preferred candidate would ideally possess at least an Associate's Degree in a technical field.
- A demonstrated comprehension of service and operation in compressed air systems, encompassing significant aspects like large centrifugal compressors, air dryers, instrumentation, and PLC/DCS control systems.
- The candidate should possess an understanding of electrical principles applicable to practical scenarios involving the safe operation and maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Mechanical inclination - The candidate should have foundational skills in maintaining mechanical systems.
- Computer Proficiency - The candidate should possess the capability to utilize or acquire proficiency in various software systems employed at the businesses facilities, which may include, but are not restricted to, the MS Office suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, combined with the capacity to efficiently engage with both Customers and vendors.
- Should the role commence on a part-time basis, the candidate should be willing to shift to a full-time position.
- Expectation of travel up to 40% of the time.
- Pre-Employment Screening: The candidate must be capable of passing pre-employment background checks, including pre-employment drug screening, following the businesses Corporate policies and procedures.
- Expertise in Compressed Air Systems - Demonstrated comprehension of the service and operation of compressed air systems, encompassing components like large centrifugal compressors, air dryers, instrumentation, and PLC/DCS control systems
- Instrumentation and Electrical Proficiency - The candidate should possess practical knowledge of electrical principles applicable to safe operations and maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Mechanical Proficiency - The candidate should have foundational skills in maintaining mechanical systems.
- Computer Proficiency - The candidate must be capable of utilizing or acquiring proficiency in diverse software systems employed at the businesses facilities, which may encompass, but are not restricted to, the MS Office suite.
- To excel in this role, an individual must effectively carry out each essential duty to a satisfactory level.
The qualifications outlined below reflect the fundamental knowledge, skills, and abilities needed. Reasonable accommodations might be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to fulfill the essential functions
- Capability to compose basic activity reports and, if necessary, contribute updates to procedure manuals. Proficiency in efficiently conveying information and addressing inquiries from fellow colleagues, managers, and Customers. Skill in reading, assessing, and interpreting general technical procedures.
- Competitive compensation
- 401K with match
- Medical & Dental
- PTO and paid holiday
- Flexible spending account
If you are passionate about maintaining operational excellence, optimizing efficiency, and contributing to a culture of safety, innovation, and customer satisfaction, we invite you to explore this exciting role with us.
Apply here or email Harry.Pluck@Darwinrecruitment.com
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Project Management.
Project Engineer - Hydropower
Project Engineer - Hydropower Location - Zug Salary range - 85 000 CHF - 105 000 CHF What will you...
Project Manager - Electrical
Project Manager - Electrical Engineering We're looking for a talented Project Manager to work for our client. They want to...
Project Director (Hydrogen EPC)
Exlusive opportunity for a Project Director to take on a new challenge. EPC Plant construction within the chemical industry is...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.