Project and Construction Engineer.
Project and Construction Engineer
$80000 - $100000 per annum|
Are you an accomplished engineering professional with a passion for project management and construction?
As a Project and Construction Engineer you will play a pivotal role in leading the design, planning, and execution of projects within the compressed gas industry.
Salary: $80,000 - $100,000
Location: Bethlehem, PA
- Assist in fostering new business growth by formulating project execution strategies and necessary schedules for proposals. Contribute project management insights to the development of estimates.
- Formulate, proactively oversee, and provide updates on project schedules encompassing all tasks from project initiation until the plant becomes operational and begins supplying products to the customer. This involves evaluating the critical path and formulating strategies to realign the project plan when necessary.
- Develop and proactively oversee project execution strategies that encompass all facets of the project, including team coordination, scheduling, engineering/design, procurement, transportation/logistics, cost management, reporting, construction contracting, scope allocation, and addressing any specific customer-related challenges.
- Take the lead in managing the project team, which includes the businesses engineering resources, subcontracted engineering partners, the customer project manager, suppliers, and contractor contacts. Ensure that project deliverables and commitments are being met according to the established plan.
- Oversee all elements of project control for assigned projects, consistently projecting project costs, and delivering cost and status updates to management. Cost control involves negotiating with suppliers, service providers, and contractors to secure the most competitive and cost-effective solutions for the business. Additionally, it entails proactively managing all supplier/contractor claims and effectively handling claims and back-charges against customers, suppliers, service providers, and contractors.
- Formulate and implement construction plans for CAS (Compressed air systems) projects, encompassing contracting strategies, schedules, logistics plans, lift plans, pre-task assessments, and the process of selecting and developing lead contractors.
- Offer assistance for on-site oversight of construction, startup, and commissioning activities, collaborating closely with all necessary subcontractors.
- Take ownership of and carry out the safety program for the Project, ensuring complete adherence to industry standards, policies, and customer stipulations.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering preferred; PMP certification is not obligatory but would be considered advantageous.
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience in an industrial engineering or project teamwork environment, coupled with hands-on experience in managing and supervising construction, startup, and commissioning activities in the field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, coupled with the ability to interact effectively with customers.
- Expectation of travel up to 15% of the time, with the potential for extended periods on-site during construction, commissioning, and startup phases.
- Proficiency in project scheduling, updating, and reporting utilizing MS Project.
- Experience with construction safety management.
- 401K with employer contributions
- Medical, dental, & vision plans
- PTO and paid holidays
- Flexible spending account
Join us in shaping the future of compressed gas solutions and contribute to our commitment to excellence.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Harry Pluck
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Project Support/Coordination.
Project Manager Systems and Development
The Project Manager for systems & development coordinates overall integration of developmental builds from moving from engineering to manufacturing. Location:...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.