Service Technician (Compressors) NE – PA.
Service Technician (Compressors) NE – PA
$45000 - $85000 per annum|
We are currently seeking a Field Technician to support our Compressor Maintenance Company division by performing installation, servicing, diagnosis, and repair of compressed air, vacuum, and nitrogen systems. This role is designated for the Northeastern, PA Territory.
Location: Northeastern, PA Territory
Salary: $45,000 - $85,000 + Overtime + Benefits
- Undertake travel to customer sites, at times with minimal notice, for the execution of necessary repairs and maintenance services.
- Perform preventive maintenance on systems, providing a comprehensive professional report covering the entirety of the customer's system during each visit, ensuring optimal performance and efficiency.
- Conduct failure analyses of faulty parts or components, report the findings to management, collaborate with suppliers and OEMs, and contribute to corrective actions aimed at mitigating risk or preventing recurrence of failures.
- Efficiently diagnose system failures and facilitate on-site equipment repairs, even in challenging conditions without direct supervision.
- Exhibit proficiency in electrical troubleshooting, working with a range of systems from relay logic to variable frequency-driven equipment and master control systems, as well as various communication systems.
- Collaborate closely with team members to offer unified support to customers, enabling them to concentrate on their core business activities.
- Communicate with team members, suppliers, and customers to resolve issues, utilizing a diverse set of technical, verbal, and written skills, along with various computerized software and tools.
- Perform installations of new systems, including commissioning and start-up inspections.
- Conduct mechanical inspections utilizing tools such as micrometers, pressure gauges, electronic diagnostic equipment, and other specialized instruments.
- Execute precise coupling alignments and various other complex functions crucial for the effective operation of compression equipment.
- Interpret P&ID, plan and elevation drawings, installation and operation instructions, procedures and specifications, as well as technical bulletins and manuals.
- Ensure awareness of and adherence to health, safety, and environmental regulations and policies applicable to each location.
- Submit accurate field service reports, expense reports, and other essential documentation on a daily basis.
- Expect to travel daily, occasionally requiring overnight stays, and be prepared to work weekends and be on-call for emergency breakdowns as needed.
- A high school diploma or equivalent (such as a GED) is preferred, and having some vocational or technical education is a plus.
- Industrial electro-mechanical experience is a mandatory requirement.
- The ability to work independently and efficiently, with minimal supervision, is essential.
- Proficiency in reading and comprehending Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's) is required.
- Strong computer skills, including the use of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, are necessary.
- Proficiency in reading, interpreting, and understanding equipment manuals from manufacturers is a must.
- A clean driving record and the ability to pass a DOT physical examination are prerequisites.
- A commitment to ongoing learning through online training, company-sponsored training, and manufacturer service schools is expected.
- Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance
If you are experienced with compressors we would love to hear from you!
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.Harry Pluck
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Manufacturing.
Pipefitter/Installation Technician - MN
Installation Technician / Pipefitter Salary: $50,000 - $70,000 + Overtime + Benefits + Bonuses (Pay is dependant on experience) Job...
Compressor Technician - Burnsville, MN
Air Compressor Service Technician Salary: $50,000 - $75,000 + Overtime + Bonus + Benefits Location: Burnsville, MN Schedule: Monday -...
Automation PLC Programmer (Controls)
The Automation PLC Programmer will be responsible for designing, maintaining and troubleshooting machines and at the plant. Please only apply...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.