Senior Electrical Engineer (FPGA).
Senior Electrical Engineer (FPGA)
$110000 - $150000 per annum|
We are seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer who possesses specialized knowledge in high-speed communication protocols and SerDes blocks. In this position, you will have the primary responsibility of developing system validation and bring-up procedures, as well as taking the lead in executing tests. You will work in close partnership with the Electronics and Optics team to provide valuable insights into our system's performance and contribute to the design of features for our next-generation system.
The business I am representing are in the process of developing computer hardware capable of training neural networks at a scale that rivals and even exceeds the computational capacity of the human brain. Through the synergistic integration of optics and electronics, we have pioneered an innovative interconnect fabric that empowers a versatile computing system with supercomputer-level network capacity and unparalleled scalability.
Location: Boulder, CO
Salary: up to $150,000
About the role:
- Establish, create, enhance, and implement firmware-based test methodologies to validate high-speed SerDes blocks.
- Investigate and identify the underlying causes of hardware and firmware issues during engineering, design, and production validation of vehicles.
- Take ownership of hardware SerDes performance and provide guidance to the team on analyzing disparities between hardware and models, setting system performance objectives, and influencing future hardware specifications.
- Collaborate closely with the electrical design team to assess signal integrity and power integrity designs, while also conducting performance characterization in the laboratory.
- Demonstrate proficiency in collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders, project management, and successful project execution.
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Exhibit proven expertise in the initiation and testing of optical and/or electrical links.
- Display a comprehensive grasp of SerDes operations and calibration, encompassing equalization components like TX FFE, CTLE, DFE, DSP, PLLs, and clock/data recovery.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of advanced high-speed SerDes modulation techniques, including NRZ and PAM4.
- Possess knowledge of high-speed SerDes firmware and firmware architecture.
- Possess a practical understanding of SerDes signal integrity concepts, including eye diagrams, bathtub curves, and related topics.
- Have hands-on experience with laboratory bench work, particularly in PCB board initiation, testing, and validation.
- Exhibit strong programming skills in both high-level and low-level languages, such as Python and C.
- Possess knowledge of signal integrity and power integrity for high-speed SerDes links at the package and board levels.
- Demonstrate effective communication and teamwork capabilities.
- Familiarity with SerDes manufacturing testing and practical experience in this area would be considered advantageous
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.Harry Pluck
SUBMIT YOUR CV
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.