Senior Optical Engineer.
Senior Optical Engineer
€75000 - €85000 per annum|
Senior Optical Engineer
An industry-leading company is on the lookout for Senior Optical Engineers to join their team of experts. Your opportunity to contribute to revolutionary wireless data transmission across various plaftorms, including satellites, aircraft, drones, and ground station platforms.
Their products are harnessed by leading global tech entities to forge extensive communication networks.
What You'll Be Doing:
Tackling Complex Challenges: Collaborate within a dynamic team environment, bridging diverse disciplines like opto-mechanics and engineering to engineer solutions that push boundaries.
Innovative Design Endeavors: Embark on a journey from initial concept to detailed design, leveraging ZEMAX Optic Studio to craft optical systems and components that redefine connectivity.
Driving Design Excellence: Navigate intricate design decisions to meet demanding requirements encompassing cost, manufacturability, performance, and size.
Technical Leadership: Set the bar by defining technical requirements for optical systems, sub-systems, and components, positioning yourself at the forefront of optical innovation.
Supporting Optics Procurement: Contribute through the review and release of optical drawings aligned with industry standards.
Hands-On Development: Engage in the practical aspects of optical component qualification and prototype system testing, including clean room environments.
Optimization Expertise (Optional): If you possess a knack for optimizing optical systems with tools like FRED or ASAP, your expertise is highly sought after.
What You Need:
- A degree in something related or similar experience.
- Really liking technology and wanting to be part of moving it forward quickly.
- Knowing a lot about optics and being able to make and test things like lenses and mirrors.
- Being able to use programs like ZEMAX to plan out optical stuff.
- Maybe knowing LabVIEW and Python, but not necessary.
- Having worked on stuff that's complicated like optics mixed with mechanics, especially in certain situations.
- Working well in a team, being ready to learn and teach.
- Figuring out problems and finding smart ways to solve them.
I'm the manager of our Newspace recruitment team here at Darwin, connecting people with experiences in the Newspace, Satellite, and Aerospace industries with the best career opportunities in Germany. Please reach out to me for more information, or apply now to start your application process.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.Adam Slade
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Electrical Design.
To Apply for this Job Click Here We are actively seeking a Structural Engineer with a focus on industrial projects,...
High Voltage Electrical Engineer
To Apply for this Job Click Here We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced High Voltage Engineer to...
Datacenter Electrical Engineer
To Apply for this Job Click Here We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced Electrical Engineer to join...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.